Jun

Apple Announces 12th iPhone App, The World Says, “So What?”

So who else is sick of the iPhone disappointing? I know I am. Today, Apple released a commercial unveiling what was to go in the empty application slot on the iPhone home screen. That 12th application is nothing more than a window for selecting and viewing YouTube videos. Big Whoop. Don’t get me wrong I spend much of my online time on YouTube watching dumb videos, but who wants to do this on a phone?

I expect on June 30th there will be an accident involving some lucky person who got ahold of an iPhone laughing hysterically at a video of an accident caused by someone on their cell phone. Oh man, why am I so depressed by this? Who else shares my opinion?

Comment by Vasily on 2007-06-22 04:57:56

Youtube is not just a dump-video-site, it’s huge video archive. I think many pepole will use this iPhone widget, so am I.

Comment by jo on 2007-06-22 05:19:40

the mobile site of its only available to iphone users but to all smartphones users…
what a same the iphone just have EDGE (slow), while in the rest of the world they have UMTS 3.5G HPDSA (Fast)
youtube its almost useless unless you don’t care about waiting 10 min for a video to watch and paying a huge data plan that its slow.}

i know you people will say use wifi, but if wifi its close i rather use my laptop.

Comment by STWeston on 2007-06-22 11:18:37

Well, I, for one, think this whole iPhone junk is just a bunch of hoopla! I mean, because of the iPhone, Apple has, yet again, lost track of their next release of Mac OS X, Leopard! It had been rescheduled for WWDC after something… I can’t remember what; but NO, they HAD to bring out the IPHONE on time! I mean, who really CARES about the iPhone? Besides, iPhone is just another iPod with a widescreen and a touch display. Big whoop! I could have some company slap together an iPod, a touch display, a smartphone and a toaster (for all I care) and call it an iListenToToast! Thanks, Apple, for losing sight of your goal, which is NEXT GENERATION OPERATING SYSTEMS! (emphasis on those last two)

Comment by YOU SUCK ! on 2007-06-22 16:55:03

DUDE YOU SUCK !

YOU ARE A FUCKIN’ MICROSOFT LOVER !

THE iPHONE’S GONNA BE THE BEST CELLPHONE/INTERNET/iPOD DEVICE ALL-IN-ONE ON THE MARKET, YOU IDIOT !

Dammit.

Get yourself a Mac and and an iPhone and stfu about things you don’t even know about.

BTW, this site sucks.

Apple all the way, baby.

Comment by STWeston on 2007-06-22 17:53:27

To “YOU SUCK”
I hate Microsoft as much as you do, but I hate the iPhone just as much (maybe a little less). I’m planning on buying a Mac, anyway.

This site is one of the most clever I’ve seen! So, don’t go saying that this site “sucks”, because it doesn’t.

Comment by Richie on 2007-06-22 20:56:12

Wow noobs and OS’s! Windows, OS X, Linux, who gives a crap. A computer is a computer an OS is an OS. So STFU about what one is better. IF you have to complain “Mac is better then Windows” “No Windows is better then Mac” “LINX 0wnz0r j00 nubz”, STOP USING A FU#@ING COMPUTER IN GENERAL YOU NOOBs. SHIT. I like Mac, Windows and Linux (Fedora Core 6) all the same, I’m not gona say one is better then the other CUZ ITS JUST NOT TRUE!!!

Oh and on June29th (7 more days) i’m getting my iPhone xD. (and not because its better then any microsoft product but because its a cool gadget)

Comment by Richie on 2007-06-22 20:57:52

Oh and please excuse my swearing. I’m a little pissed off.

Comment by Gui on 2007-06-22 23:42:03

SAFARI 3.0.2! Works perfectly now! I had ALL the problems people were reporting here and I

Comment by jo on 2007-06-23 00:28:47

the nokia n95 beats the crap in features to the iphone :)

Comment by Lord Kokkei on 2007-06-23 02:15:49

iPhone beats the crap out of your mom and your Nokia

Comment by Joseph on 2007-06-23 05:31:21

iphone? just some crappy nonsense put together by Apple. Do not be deceived by Apple’s marketing. Look at their ipod. It comes with so few functions. yaya, i know you ipod fans will “hey, i can get many more functions from accessories!”. But what a crap. This is just like Microsoft Windows. Both Apple and Microsoft are a dominant player in different markets. Apple owns in mp3 players, while M$ makes the most popular operating system. But alas, what is so similar in both ipod and windows it that both of them requires you to purchase additional stuffs!(accessories for iPod and Software for Windows) BUT WHAT WAS APPLE’s MARKETING STRATEGY FOR THE MAC OS X? “Apple comes with all the software you will ever need, unlike a PC” Now, i wish to say this: “Zen and Zune comes with more functions like a FM tuner, unlike an emptyshell iPod”

Comment by sean on 2008-06-18 17:02:34

iphone great idea great os great asthetics poor hardware but when they get the later in shape i will consider buying one, but i am not fooled by the cool marketing vomit maybeee! The iphone MK3 will answer the hardware pang. Until then i will cart on with my HTC & N95.