mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 18th November 2005
  OSX

RBH is an unknown quantity at this point
I downloaded a skin for FF from 0sx-e.com. It has to be downloaded and then dragged into the theme window. Somehow I changed the open with option and the theme can't be installed. Its RAR whatever that is and I want to get it back to this so I can install the theme. At first the open with was I tunes then I tried others but none worked. I don't know if this is clear or not. Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks RBH
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

OSX

PhilR359 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any .RAR file must be extracted with a program like WinRAR. After it Is extracted, you can install the theme files as usual.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Just drag the jar file on the themes or extensions window.

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria

Unread 20th November 2005
  OSX

PhilR359 is an unknown quantity at this point
also, ive noticed a strange problem when dragging the jar file into the theme window:

you need to make sure the file is yourtheme.jar Not yourtheme.JAR

i dont know why capitilization matters, but yourtheme.JAR gives you the evil circle with a dash through it saying you cant install the theme...

Unread 24th November 2005
  OSX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PhilR359 @ Nov 18 2005, 08:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any .RAR file must be extracted with a program like WinRAR. After it Is extracted, you can install the theme files as usual.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not very good at this stuff. Can someone give me a little more instruction, step by step what to do. I am familiar with instal of jar. which you drag into the them window but I don't know anything about rar. Most are jar. why are some rar.
Also why would it be that when I try to download some things I get redirected to the home page. This happens fairly often.
Thanks RBH

Unread 24th November 2005
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
.rar file is like .zip file where you have to extract it first. Use WinRAR to extract it.

Unread 25th November 2005
  OSX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alang @ Nov 24 2005, 07:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
.rar file is like .zip file where you have to extract it first. Use WinRAR to extract it.
[/b][/quote]

When I did this with one of the themes there was a set of Icons. I'm used to just having one that you drag into the theme window. How do you deal with the extra icons, which one do you use. Also is there a free extracter that can do rar. files.

And again why is it that often I try to download something and it redirects me to the homepage?
Thanks RBH