Does anybody know how to activate the web view in Windows XP? I was googlin' around a lot, but the info I've got about a registry change and some desktop.ini mods doesn't work.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the "Web View" kernel is a folder.htt file that you can customize with your own html, vbscript & java code. In earlier versions of Windows, "web view" was that "View as web page" option in explorer.
This way, I could make a new emulated finder for WinXP!
In a few words: I need to enable "web view" or "view as web page" in windows xp.
So... this is my 10-minutes "photoshoped" idea:
1. Styler Toolbar with a tiger skin, explorer menu hidden
2. Tiger Visual Style by Dobee
3. YzToolbar with a modded theme, showing “search” and “folders” buttons
4. HTML code embedded in folder.htt files to make A WORKING places panel
5. Windows Object... In this object goes the standard explorer file browser
6. More HTML code, showing the selected item, or the current drive, i dunno.
7. In this corner, you will see the left space, and set of custom actions for EACH FILE.
The settings will be saved using PHP code. A little menu will get the “Common tasks”
that Windows shows just in case you want to use any of them.
The flexibility of these HTML-based templates could make a big difference between
using a finder clone and using the same windows shell, but modded with webview
Enabling the webview template is the only-one-can’t-find-fix-for-it problem.
Thanks in advance for any help!