mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 3rd October 2005
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Hello buddies.

Does anybody know how to activate the web view in Windows XP? I was googlin' around a lot, but the info I've got about a registry change and some desktop.ini mods doesn't work.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the "Web View" kernel is a folder.htt file that you can customize with your own html, vbscript & java code. In earlier versions of Windows, "web view" was that "View as web page" option in explorer.

This way, I could make a new emulated finder for WinXP!

In a few words: I need to enable "web view" or "view as web page" in windows xp.

So... this is my 10-minutes "photoshoped" idea:

[attachmentid=584]

1. Styler Toolbar with a tiger skin, explorer menu hidden
2. Tiger Visual Style by Dobee
3. YzToolbar with a modded theme, showing “search” and “folders” buttons
4. HTML code embedded in folder.htt files to make A WORKING places panel
5. Windows Object... In this object goes the standard explorer file browser
6. More HTML code, showing the selected item, or the current drive, i dunno.
7. In this corner, you will see the left space, and set of custom actions for EACH FILE.
The settings will be saved using PHP code. A little menu will get the “Common tasks”
that Windows shows just in case you want to use any of them.

The flexibility of these HTML-based templates could make a big difference between
using a finder clone and using the same windows shell, but modded with webview
HTML templates.

Enabling the webview template is the only-one-can’t-find-fix-for-it problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webview.jpg (53.6 KB, 85 views)

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 3rd October 2005
  Yahoo Widgets

ghostwalker will become famous soon enoughghostwalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to ghostwalker
If your looking for what I think you are right click desktop go to properties/then go to desktop/Customize Desktop/Web

To display a Web page on your desktop...........

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Unread 3rd October 2005
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
That looks really good and its a great idea, the only thing is StylerToolbar is not free. I'll buy it if you make this (because it looks cool, and its better than a Finder Clone :Grin: ), but otherwise - you should do it. Any icons, ideas etc. you would need?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 3rd October 2005
  Gman, the Cuban!

gsbd41316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to gsbd41316 Send a message via Yahoo to gsbd41316
Exclamation
Sounds like a good idea Khalua, so keep us posted. By the way, when are you coming online so that we can talk? LOL! :Grinning-Wink:

Unread 3rd October 2005
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by ghostwalker@Oct 3 2005, 07:10 PM
If your looking for what I think you are right click desktop go to properties/then go to desktop/Customize Desktop/Web

To display a Web page on your desktop...........

Hope this is what you were looking for.
Nope that is not what I want... Do U remember the old Windows 98 and the "View as webpage" option? That template was fully customizable, but when XP arrived, M$osft killed that templates option, and gave us the "Common tasks", setted under "Folder options".

I dunno if is possible to bring back that HTT files, and then customize them with HTML and Java code to make a working layout of a finder window.

Any other idea?

@Gman: I'm on MSN in the nights, between 9pm and 11pm. I'll get you online these days, don't get mad plz! lol

Unread 11th March 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Re: I Will Work On This
Hey, this is a very old thread of mine. But I'm still waiting for a reply. Anyone can help?

Unread 12th March 2006
  Unsolved Enigma

aquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura about
Have you read this page?

Unread 12th March 2006
  The horn of Gondor

I think i'd readed it before, but that resigtry tweaks doesn't affect windows xp with sp2 installed. Thanks for the help!

I guess this project will close soon. I can't find a way to paste html inside shell views.

Unread 17th April 2006
  The horn of Gondor

UPDATE!
Someone already find a way to implement WebView in WindowsXP, but this mess is in French, and I can't understand it.

http://ieub.free.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=721

There is two screen captures shown there, none of them has Kabal's finderbar on it. It is just HTML code. This is what I was trying to do, but I suck! lol

If someone could provide me some help about this, I could make a really good finder clone using html and a standard shell window.

Unread 17th April 2006
  Contributor

obenix has a spectacular aura aboutobenix has a spectacular aura aboutobenix has a spectacular aura about
Use http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Select French to English translation.
Hope this helps.
Closed Thread