mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11th May 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
IMPORTANT! New Gallery Software
I'd successfully installed new gallery software last night. This new gallery is fully integrated with vbulletin forum and will give you better experience. For the time being, I still not import all images from the old gallery. You can access the old gallery here http://www.osx-e.com/photopost but no new upload nor comments is allow.

I would like to ask for feedback whether to import all images from the old gallery to the new one or leave the old gallery intact, still available for archive/viewing and we start over with new gallery. If you want me to import all images from the old gallery, it might take few days for me to do it and the gallery will remain close during that time. If not, I will open the new gallery right away and you all can start uploading new images/post comments again and if you need to get the old images, you can visit http://www.osx-e.com/photopost

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11th May 2006
  ----

iCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to iCow Send a message via MSN to iCow
Re: IMPORTANT! New Gallery Software
Cool, thanks for posting. I was wondering why it was down for maintenance. How long will it take?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11th May 2006
  Kitty Kat

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
Great, thanks alang, the new gallery seems very nice.

I'd say move all the recent images into the new gallery and leave the old ones in the old gallery as an archive.

Old 12th May 2006
  Bright Spark

MadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really nice
Or if you like I will select the best images from our old gallery and put them in the new gallery!

And the gallery looks great i've been wanting something like that for a while now!

Last edited by MadMacs; 12th May 2006 at 03:03 AM.

Old 12th May 2006
  I'm Alive

dero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nicedero32 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dero32 Send a message via MSN to dero32
hey alang can wait for u too open it but i was thinking u should just upload the mays desktop screenshots and the desktop screenshots. in mays desktop upload all of them to the new gallery and on desktop screenshots just upload the best ones. hows that?

oh and the link u putted there alang doesnt really work its says is closed for maintenance well see ya

lol now the link works how embarrassing
// Triple Posts merged
-MM

Last edited by MadMacs; 12th May 2006 at 12:05 PM.

Old 12th May 2006
  no longer in business

kolouker will become famous soon enoughkolouker will become famous soon enough
How many times has the gallery software been changed? I remember that when there was such a change at the beginning of 2005 all images were removed, and a lot of members quit using this site, especially after they had to re-register.

Old 12th May 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
There is something called "evoution" and we need to keep the osx-e systems up to date. The gallery feaure is the 15% of the activity. If any user quit osx-e.com just for being lazy and type the entire address of the old gallery, or registering for the gallery again, we don't need those users.

Osx-e wont allow thread-based downloads to unregistered users, even the gallery rating, commenting, uploading and stuff. If someone like osx-e and want to be part of it, cool. If not, cool anyway.

Users like you, with 60 posts per year, and 80% of those in the gallery couldnt take part in a site-improvement or a site-management discussion. Just enjoy your part in the gallery and try to be cooperative.

Old 12th May 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolouker
How many times has the gallery software been changed? I remember that when there was such a change at the beginning of 2005 all images were removed, and a lot of members quit using this site, especially after they had to re-register.
last time, all the images remove due to database problem. And I think that the last time something bad happen to this site. Since then, we've become better and stronger

This time, all images and user data is intact. Meaning that, you don't have to register again and all your uploaded images is there.

Old 13th May 2006
  Kitty Kat

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
The new Gallery is now officially open.

All images, comments and ratings are present, however, the rating system is different now, instead of 1 to 10 it is now 1 to 5.

Last edited by Zartheit; 13th May 2006 at 02:16 AM.

Old 13th May 2006
  no longer in business

kolouker will become famous soon enoughkolouker will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalua
There is something called "evoution" and we need to keep the osx-e systems up to date. The gallery feaure is the 15% of the activity. If any user quit osx-e.com just for being lazy and type the entire address of the old gallery, or registering for the gallery again, we don't need those users.

Osx-e wont allow thread-based downloads to unregistered users, even the gallery rating, commenting, uploading and stuff. If someone like osx-e and want to be part of it, cool. If not, cool anyway.

Users like you, with 60 posts per year, and 80% of those in the gallery couldnt take part in a site-improvement or a site-management discussion. Just enjoy your part in the gallery and try to be cooperative.
Hey man, no need to flame me. This was just a legitimate question.
Apparently, you've no idea who left after that change. At the beginning of the last year, quality screenshots in the gallery were in the majority. Now, sadly, they're not.
I'd be grateful if you quit judging members by the number of posts they submitted. You may check my posts to find out that these are in vast majority helpful and valid contributions. I'm simply not interested in reading and answering to hundreds of meaningless posts you can find in these forums. It's quality that matters, not quantity.

Cheers.

PS New gallery looks great.

Last edited by kolouker; 13th May 2006 at 08:53 AM.