mac emulation resources

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 2nd August 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
The brand new Osx- site.
Hello everyone!

As you can see, Mac Emulation Forums, part of the szab network has a cool new identity.
The staff at osx-e is proud of our great members community, and this is a Gift from our master admin Alang, who spent A LOT of money to design this unique style to the whole site.

osx- will be soon the FIRST mac emulation site in the world that complies with the Web 2.0 standards, so be prepared for a few more changes in the future.

The new osx-
will have several improvements and enhancements the next weeks, and you could experience some lack of speed or even some 404 errors on certain areas. Any issue regarding these problems should be reported in this same thread to track in an easy way all the bugs. Please dont create any bugs thread to report these issues. We have an old bug thread but it will be closed soon.

And remember, osx- is the largest site in the planet with mac emulation resources. Many GB of data is in the downloads section, and all of them are free for any of you, and your voluntary contribution to keep this site going will be appreciated. We already have a Contributors badge, and we are thinking in a few ideas for the contributors only.

So... We need your comments, compliments, suggestions, bug reports and of course, your active participation in our great community.

Long live to osx-!

Best regards,
The osx- staff
(Alang, Zartheit, Madmacs, Nylock10 and me)

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria

Last edited by Khalua; 2nd August 2006 at 10:20 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 2nd August 2006
  Banned

E-Maculation will become famous soon enoughE-Maculation will become famous soon enough
Re: The brand new Osx- site.
cool lookjs nice
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 2nd August 2006
  OSX

gogoimacfan is on a distinguished road
Great job! I love the new design and the Web 2.0 feel.

Old 2nd August 2006
  ----

iCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to iCow Send a message via MSN to iCow
that's really lovely. It looks sleek and awesome!!!

Old 3rd August 2006

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
Congratulations. The new look is wonderfully simple.

Bugs so far:
  • This site likes logging me off now. (edit: not actually logging off, the forum reports that I'm online, but from my side it looks like a visitor to the site, and not me) a lot
  • When you mouseover the x-+ buttons the the upper left, they increase in height by a pixel.
Suggestions/Questions:
  • I especially like the new icon for the Downloads section, I think it's very appropriate. Though the Downloads section itself is proving a bit clumsy in its current state, having to scroll down a few screens to get to the categories... I'd rather have more compact lists like in the old site, unless I'm missing something.
  • Alang told me that it would be possible for the author to edit Articles now, will that get implemented?
  • LMAO, to convey the newness, can you subtitle the site's name with "now 100% e-maculation free"?
  • Not bugging me too much, but any chance for a background color other than solid white?

Last edited by wala; 3rd August 2006 at 12:23 AM.

Old 3rd August 2006

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wala
  • When you mouseover the x-+ buttons the the upper left, they increase in height by a pixel.
It has always been like that. However ,the forum skin is now only temporary so that will be fixed sometime soon. Glad you like it, wala!

Old 3rd August 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wala
Congratulations. The new look is wonderfully simple.

Bugs so far:
  • This site likes logging me off now. (edit: not actually logging off, the forum reports that I'm online, but from my side it looks like a visitor to the site, and not me) a lot
Suggestions/Questions:
  • I especially like the new icon for the Downloads section, I think it's very appropriate. Though the Downloads section itself is proving a bit clumsy in its current state, having to scroll down a few screens to get to the categories... I'd rather have more compact lists like in the old site, unless I'm missing something.
  • Alang told me that it would be possible for the author to edit Articles now, will that get implemented?
  • LMAO, to convey the newness, can you subtitle the site's name with "now 100% e-maculation free"?
  • Not bugging me too much, but any chance for a background color other than solid white?
type of post that I likes from my favourite member

Bugs - I believe the bugs you mention is on the forum, not the other section of sites. I'm going to upgrade the forum to vbulletin 3.6 soon when they release final version. Currently at Release Candidate 3. Lots of bugs will be fixed with the release and I will get the new skin too for it.

Suggestion
1. The idea to put category at the bottom is inspired by most of web2.0 sites and it will give a chance for visitors to read entire page before they browse to other categories

2. Yes, you will be able to edit your own articles on article section, I will pm you the login info. Would appreciate if you can contribute more. For other members that would like to contribute article, can pm me to get your login.

3. I'm not quite understand what you mean by this. Do you suggest that we should change the site title?

4. For the background color, I just prefer clean/simple/profesional look of white background, but I'm open any suggestion about better background color that will suit entire design. Perhap black background with white only on the content part. Will talk with the designer and I'll ask him to come out with a mock up so we can see.

Please make more suggestion that will make this site better.

Old 3rd August 2006

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by alang

3. I'm not quite understand what you mean by this. Do you suggest that we should change the site title?

4. For the background color, I just prefer clean/simple/profesional look of white background, but I'm open any suggestion about better background color that will suit entire design. Perhap black background with white only on the content part. Will talk with the designer and I'll ask him to come out with a mock up so we can see.

Please make more suggestion that will make this site better.
3. That was a joke..lol

4. I'd say maybe continue the pattern from the top black menu but just like a grey wash on the white background maybe.

Old 3rd August 2006
  Velociraptor!

The Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the rough
I'd have to agree on the downloads being at the bottom as not a great idea. I mean I see how you would want people to read everything but the only thing to read really is downloads. I think it'd look nicer at the top blended with the menu. Seems to be a bit of an annoyance to people who use it a lot to scroll down so much. Works great for like the article section though I think. That's my 2 cents.

Other than that it's growing on me. Was a bit bright when I first saw it but I like it now.

Last edited by The Finn; 3rd August 2006 at 02:55 AM.

Old 3rd August 2006
  Johannes Brahms

Alexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the rough
I would say the website look avesome! When I first time entered today the first thought came to my mind: the link might be either wrong or whatever. I didn't even recognize it at first. Nice job!!!!!!!!!! I like it.