mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 25th January 2006
  Unsolved Enigma

aquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura about
Convert Mac icons without a file extension
I'm just kind of wondering how to convert icons like these. I've tried renaming them to .icns & .png but I get a message that says "Couldn't open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format Preview doesn't recognize" Could anybody help me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 26th January 2006
  OSX

HoytW is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Convert Mac icons without a file extension
Try Axialis icon workshop, great program for converting, creating or manipulating icons, Mac or PC. There is a demo version, which is what I did before buying. Nice thing is you can save and use your icons you created. Enjoy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 26th January 2006
  Unsolved Enigma

aquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura about
That would be nice but Stuffit has problems opening these icons on Windows. And when I extract & transfer them from a Mac to a PC, I get a folder with that icon name and inside is a file called Icon that Axialis cannot open. And to top everything off, my Axialis trial period has already expired! Thanks for trying though!

Unread 27th January 2006
  OSX

HoytW is an unknown quantity at this point
I use a website to download Mac icons that are zipped. When I unzip them, it gives me two folders, one named the icon name which doesn't have anything of value in it. The other is named MacOS or something like that. In that folder is where the Mac icons are. With Axialis all I do is, file open, direct it to that folder and click on one of the icons. If it gives me a perview, it will open and I can convert them to PC. Here is the website I use for Mac icons. Hopefully this will help.
http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/