mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11th September 2005
  OSX

sijyoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering if there are any other Official Apple software besides iTunes and Quicktime for Windows. With all the Mac emulation software it would be nice to have a few programs that only Mac has that PC usually doesn't have. And ofcourse Quiktime and iTunes are originally from Apple.

Making things look like Mac is one great thing! (osx-e.com=FlaykiteOSX)

Making things feel like Mac is another great thing! (Apple's Keyboard, Mouse, and its Applications)

First computer ever had was the old Machintosh LC 575 from Apple. 33mhz, 16mb ram, etc...slow...BUT one thing was the damn graphics looks awsome than PC's at that time. Windows 95 couldn't beat my Mac OS 8 GUI.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11th September 2005
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Konfabulator, originally make for mac but now have a windows version too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11th September 2005

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
Well, there's always Darwin x86 if you ever wanna show Windows whose boss....
And to top that there's Darwin Streaming Server for Windows Server '03 (I doubt you have that):
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
PearPC can be thought of as Virtual OS X, so it kinda passes as Apple software:
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

That's pretty much all I know of... :Crying:

Old 17th September 2005
  OSX

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure what you could do with this, but Apple designed a version of Bonjour for Windows, I use it to link my notebook, printer, and a few other things together wirelessly =/

But still, I don't see what you could do with it

Old 20th August 2006
  OSX

rexisrex will become famous soon enoughrexisrex will become famous soon enough
Re: Apple Software For Pc
IMHO, In the MAC Vs XP battle I need to state that when it comes to functionality XP equals or betters OSX in many areas. Please refer to this site X vs XP for additional info.

But MAC sweeps XP in terms of GUI. I wudnt say its just eye candy though. Mac i think is more focussed on professionals rather than daily users. And mind you all those apps arent shipped along with the OS. you need to shell out to get what u need. But the value they give has been commensurate.

On the other hand XP ships with many apps built in but with huge compromise on quality as it targets average home user. But MS is losing a major point. As the average user's awareness and knowledge and wants increases he expects more value for what he pays. So in my opinion if in the future versions of MS's OS they tend to slack they might be out of business soon.

Cheers,
Rex

Old 21st August 2006
  Kitty Kat

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
Lets put it this way, OSX is fancy icing on a shit cake and XP is shit icing on... (take a gueeesss!) a shit cake.

In other words, they are both not perfect, although XP is hugely behind OSX in a lot of ways, but they are both needed by different individuals. Not everybody that has XP needs OSX and not everybody that has OSX needs XP (of course). As everybody knows OSX is definitely the better option of the two.

Last edited by Zartheit; 21st August 2006 at 12:21 AM.

Old 18th July 2007
  The Sex Pistols: wohoooh

Indie-Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Indie-Lover Send a message via Skype™ to Indie-Lover
Safari Is out for Windows

Windows XP professional X86
Windows Vista Ultimate X86 (Dual-Boot)
GAMESS (WWII)
OSX-E stuff
Intel 900 (GMA) 128MB
2GB SDRAM
HDD= 200GB S.A.T.A
14.1 WXGA X-BLACK LCD
DVD+RW multilayer
Intel Centrino 740 = 2.1GHz
OSX 10.3.9 Panther emulated
Linux SuSE Emulator
VPC 7
Vaio-MotionEye 1.2 Megapixel Web-Cam
1.1KG Ultra-Lite*

[email protected] email me for anything u want (Apps, ETC)