mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 22nd November 2005
  OSX

tauhshi is an unknown quantity at this point
How stable is windows vista, and If I have the setup on the hard drive, would it be possible to use it to create a partion and install Vista on it, and is it even worth the time, effort, and hard drive space?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 23rd November 2005
  Banned

Dremation has a little shameless behaviour in the past
NO. Vista does not support pation creation from the windows installer. You are going to need somethingl like Partition Magic. FYI: Vista will ONLY install on a NTFS partition with 9GB or more. Vista is still a Beta. So its not stable enough to sell, so think about that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
How big is the file size of the Vista Installer?

Partition Magic is probably the safest way to create a partition. It doesn't mess up as much, I used it and it worked perfectly fine. The only problem I had was that Windows wouldn't boot off of the HD partition it was supposed to, so I lost both OSes I had on my computer. So be careful about what you are doing.

OSX

Ya know what, I dont even see the point in installing vista........when I can install Tiger. A couple of days ago, my cousin in New Hampshire recieved 10 licences for Tiger, and he is going to send me the discs. So, another question, has anyone worked with Mac OS X on PearPC?

Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
Isn't PPC extremely slow?

At eBay, you can get $150 old iMac computers with Mac OS X Tiger installed on them. That would be a lot faster then PearPC.

OSX

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!

:goes off to ebay, money in hand:

Unread 25th November 2005
  OSX

GCFreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to GCFreak
LMAO, I'd rather install Mac OS x86 on my Dad's A64 Skt939 PC on his partition and keep windows aswell then waste Money on buying Macs.
Creative SB Live! | WDM Drivers | Logitech R-20 2.1
400W Power Supply | Black and silver case | 52X Max LG CDreader
40GB SATA150 Samsung HD040GJ | 15GB Windows XP | 25GB Storage

Unread 25th November 2005

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nylock10 @ Nov 23 2005, 04:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Isn't PPC extremely slow?

At eBay, you can get $150 old iMac computers with Mac OS X Tiger installed on them. That would be a lot faster then PearPC.
[/b][/quote]
You don't wanna do that... from what I hear, the iMac G3s running Tiger are painfully slow.

Unread 26th November 2005
  Banned

Probably. I've used the G3 400MHz ones on Panther and everything but the dock and iTunes runs pretty well. The dock is choppy, iTunes moves around really slowly and it takes a lot of resources to play the songs. Maybe you should just give PearPC a shot, go ask the people at the PPC forums and ask if its fast enough now.

tauhshi, if I were you, I'd just wait untill Vista is released. It'll be safe to use then and it'll have applications out for it. Maybe even wait and see if they make some sort of Media Center version of it, that'd be awesome.

Unread 27th November 2005
  OSX

nappysparks is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nappysparks Send a message via MSN to nappysparks Send a message via Yahoo to nappysparks
Lightbulb
Itsn even worth the dollar. Chek this out, For years widows has taken pieces of attributes from mac and Vista is microsofts lastest " we are riding Mac really hard" os. dude wait for mac on intel
Closed Thread