mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 11th January 2006
  OSX Puma

Kd527 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kd527
Apple announces two new products! (w/ Intel chip) :D
On January 10, 2006, Apple Computer, Inc. announced the first production Macs to use the Intel architecture. The first is the iMac. This new iMac uses the same case as the latest iMac G5. It still includes a built in iSight camera, Front Row, and an Apple Remote comes with it. However, the inside is radically different. On its motherboard sits a beautiful new Intel Core Duo processor. This is actually 2 CPUs on one chip (much like the dual core G5).

One more thing...the other new product is the all new MacBook Pro. This also has an Apple Remote, Front Row, iSight built in, and an Intel Core Duo.

This is just the bare basic sumary. This stuff is awesome!

The new commercial is here: http://www.apple.com/intel/ads/

Also watch Steve Jobs. I always love watching his keynotes! http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf06/

Unread 11th January 2006
  Resident Slacker

Pacifica333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Apple announces two new products! (w/ Intel chip) :D
This news is somewhat old. (as far as the computer world goes) This was announced yesterday, and I'm sure at least 80% of the people here watched in sweet exstacy as Apple launched these products. Which, by the way, Intel Macs were announced last June.

Unread 11th January 2006
  OSX Puma

I meant they were just shipping yesterday and they actually launched them. I figured most people knew about it. But there was no discussion about it surprisingly. so i made one.

Unread 11th January 2006
  ╦╩[vish]ν

vishesh_l is on a distinguished road
now that the shift is complete....
how possible is it to install osx on the pc ??
or is it still some time?
(it seems that osx is ready for intel processors)
i heard leopard would be 100% pc compatible??
any idea bout it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 11th January 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Re: now that the shift is complete....
I like that Intel Core Duo processor. Must have! Must have! Look what I've made: http://www.osx-e.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/928

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 12th January 2006
  Asshole of Love!

careyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to careyt
Re: now that the shift is complete....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishesh_l
how possible is it to install osx on the pc ??
or is it still some time?
(it seems that osx is ready for intel processors)
i heard leopard would be 100% pc compatible??
any idea bout it?
it is apparently possible, but it was done with illegally distributed copies of osx. I am pretty sure Apple will never distribute a version of the Mac OS that would be able to install on just any pc out there. Apple likes to have complete control over what hardware thier os runs on. Making a pc compatible version of Mac OS would end thier control of the hardware end and really would cut into thier sales.

Unread 12th January 2006
  no longer in business

kolouker will become famous soon enoughkolouker will become famous soon enough
Tiger also runs natively on Intel chips, all versions of OS X did that apparently. But, despite that, the rest of the hardware has to be apple made, so you can' instal OS X in your PC, which is a good decision I believe.

Unread 12th January 2006
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe installing Mac OS X on PPC would be better now that it doesn't have to emulate a PPC (PowerPC) processor.

Or you could possibly buy the universal version of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, rip the image(s) out of the DVDs and install the OS that way.

I'd like to try that.

Unread 12th January 2006
  OSX Puma

Or, what I would do, is just buy a Mac. I've got several PowerPC Macs, now I wanna get an Intel.

Unread 12th January 2006
  Asshole of Love!

careyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to careyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylock10
Maybe installing Mac OS X on PPC would be better now that it doesn't have to emulate a PPC (PowerPC) processor.

Or you could possibly buy the universal version of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, rip the image(s) out of the DVDs and install the OS that way.

I'd like to try that.
osx wont install on hardware that isn't digitally signed by apple, that is thier form of quality control