mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 9th January 2007
  OSX

Satansbodygurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile a quick question about widgets, dashbord's and the dock ??
i don't know if i'm in the right part of the forum for this question but here goes anyway

i'm not sure what its called but i think its the dock ?? at the bottom of the screen
when it's installled do the icons look cool and magnify al la bubble/balloon style enlarge when you hover over them ??

and does the " dashbord widgets " appear and work the same way when you click on the screen and sort of seethrough ?? as in the link below
http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/features/dashboard/

Last edited by Satansbodygurd; 9th January 2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: to re difine title
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 9th January 2007
  ----

iCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to iCow Send a message via MSN to iCow
Re: i don't know if i'm in the right part of this forum for this question ??
Hello Satansbodygurd! Yes, you are correct, it is called the "Dock", and the best one you can use is the RK launcher, because of it's customization potential. The download link is : http://home.cogeco.ca/~rklauncher/

Also, you will find the "Aladdin Lamp's Effect" for Direct X in the Hot News section. Download that in order to attain the minimizing and maximizing effect.

To get skins for this dock, pls go to either www.DeviantART.com, www.osx-e.com/downloads, or possibly www.customize.org.

As you may already know, objectdock is also a good alternative, but it doesn't have the aladdin effect. Thus, you might not want it!!!

As for Dashboard, use Avedesk. Link: www.avedesk.org/

The widgets are all over the web.

Hope I helped!

Last edited by iCow; 9th January 2007 at 07:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 10th January 2007
  Rise and Shine

===PsYchOsIs=== will become famous soon enough===PsYchOsIs=== will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to ===PsYchOsIs=== Send a message via AIM to ===PsYchOsIs=== Send a message via MSN to ===PsYchOsIs=== Send a message via Yahoo to ===PsYchOsIs=== Send a message via Skype™ to ===PsYchOsIs===
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCow View Post
As for Dashboard, use Avedesk. Link: www.avedesk.org/
I forgot if I saw any actual dashboard-type stuff for Avedesk though. Just the widgets.
Originally Posted by Rubyrulez
Make sure to always drink your milk. Admins need to grow up to be big and strong.

Unread 12th January 2007
  Guitar GOD

Chad0487 is a jewel in the roughChad0487 is a jewel in the roughChad0487 is a jewel in the roughChad0487 is a jewel in the roughChad0487 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Chad0487 Send a message via MSN to Chad0487
For dashboard you can use Yahoo Widget Engine (formerly Konfabulator) It uses similar style widgets to OS X and has many of the same features.