mac emulation resources

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10th July 2007
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Working on new desktop customizing site, need your feedback
I'm working on a new desktop customizing site www.deskmodr.com and this site will be something like deviantart.com, wincustomize.com and customize.org. This site is not focus on mac emulation only, but will focus on everything that related to desktop customizing including on mac and linux platform.

My designer still working on the design and what I want you to do is testing the feature on that site ie, uploading file to downloads section (try uploading bigger file), uploading file in gallery, make a comment etc. If you have a suggestion for downloads / gallery and forum category, please mention here too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 10th July 2007
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Re: Working on new desktop customizing site, need your feedback
Sounds like a good idea! I'll test it out

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 10th July 2007
  mac fanatic

mac boi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mac boi
i dont like the dark gray. and the "download, search, help" buttons are to small to notice. i think there should be a simple seach engin on the homepage as well as a like like the one you have that takes you to advanced options.

Old 10th July 2007
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
as I said, my designer still working on the skin so what you see right now is just default temporary skin. I would like you to test on site functionality and give a feedback. I'm thinking on possibility that site will be a total replacement of osx-e downloads section, gallery and forum

Old 11th July 2007
  OSX

Jugalug is on a distinguished road
Looks like a good, interesting concept, and I'm dying (well, not quite) to see the final design.

Old 11th July 2007
  run!!

pienose is an unknown quantity at this point
No I don't think replacing the forums and gallery would work, but the site in itself sounds very good.

Old 12th July 2007
  For great justice!

ojalord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ojalord
My first reaction was at the theme but , of course, that is temporary. The thing I liked best was the blogs section. That's one thing that's missing from this site and would be a welcome addition. I didn't look deeply at any other features because they were mainly the same things we have here; forums, downloads and the suchlike. I wouldn't want you to replace this site with that one, please. I'll also test it more and tell you if I encounter any bugs.

Old 12th July 2007
  TheGodfather

deskmodr will be a place for all desktop customization, not windows to mac emulation only. I will still posting latest mac emulation files here but all the files will be hosted at deskmodr so I won't have to upload same file twice. Since deskmodr have a feature where members can upload their file from browser, it would be better if I move all files there. But, we still have downloads section at osx-e, only that, when you click on download, you will be redirect to deskmodr to download file from there.

I will see the progress of gallery and forum, because this month only 4 images uploaded to gallery and less than 10 posts a day. So, no point we continue having a forum and gallery here if it is not active. At deskmodr, since it is not for mac emulation only, I hope the forum and gallery will be more active since we can discuss about vista, mac themes, linux etc.

Old 12th July 2007
  run!!

pienose is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually when you say it like that, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea, as long as in forums, you have an os x emu sub-forum. But don't kill of this site in the proses of making that one.

Old 12th July 2007
  For great justice!

ojalord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ojalord
Ermm..To me, even when you say it like that, it sounds like a bad idea. Hey! Please, this site is my first forum. Even the thought of it being replaced is painful