mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 20th April 2006
  Bright Spark

MadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really nice
Re: How did you find osx-e.com?
Wow! thanks for the link wala,
hmm.. osx-e was not so hot back then, lol :p

Last edited by MadMacs; 6th May 2006 at 01:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 20th April 2006
  Icon Guru

Padrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nicePadrino is just really nice
I found this website back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (Duckie, Seph, Goku, Dead Zombie, etc.) as a link through AquaXP, I am a lurker since '04, my main use was the downloads, it's still the most organized of all the Aqua customizing websites imo.
Then A-S started getting boring for some reason, so I decided to join this community.

Last edited by Padrino; 20th April 2006 at 02:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 20th April 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wala
I stumbled upon osx-e.com about a year ago while looking for an app to download. I'm not sure what the app was, but I remember the connection was very slow and my computer got some kind of virus/spyware after downloading it (didn't some people hack osx-e's server back then?).

The site looked like Apple.com when I first found it: http://web.archive.org/web/200502160...www.osx-e.com/

And the spyware looked similar to this:

I got the image from an old forum post: http://web.archive.org/web/200502160...?showtopic=388
lol wala, you really make me feel embarrassed about that. At that time, I still have fulltime job 12 hours a day, and I rarely have time to update. And, I'm working alone too without any other admin/mod to help me out. I guess, thats the time where I almost gived up on osx-e and almost sold it. The spyware is from advertising company MammaMediaSolutions and I never use them again since I know the put spyware in the advertisement.

Glad that now, I can spent 18 hours a day in this website and I have a group of wonderful people helping me.

@CoMACry - what does the site that keep redirecting you to osx-e if you don't mind mentioning it to me?

Old 20th April 2006
  Johannes Brahms

Alexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the rough
Back at that time, I remember, first time I've posted the question "Where I can find Dashboard for Konfabulator?" I was so concerned and concentrated on Dashboard widgets.

Old 21st April 2006
  Don Gato!

Gatonegrosky has a spectacular aura aboutGatonegrosky has a spectacular aura aboutGatonegrosky has a spectacular aura about
i was searching on google and then i found this amazing site , but i just used the gallery back then, when my buddy Khalua invited me into the forums and made me feel welcome

Old 21st April 2006
  OSX

CoMACry is an unknown quantity at this point
@Alang: Im sorry but I do no remember what sites directed me here. I do kow that it wasnt just one, because differnt sites sent me to the download page here when I clicked download on their sites! I I can find those sites again i'll try tpo tell you their names! I must say though, this site is more helpful tahen google was! Lol!

EDIT- AHA! One of the sites was: http://www.engadget.com/2004/06/09/t...pc-into-a-mac/
Not all, but some of the links on this page lead here. I'll tell you if I find more!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me ...
:doh: And thaks to everyone who will help me... :doh:

Last edited by CoMACry; 21st April 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Old 21st April 2006
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
I remember that, I used it but I didn't like it much.

Old 21st April 2006
  OSX

CoMACry is an unknown quantity at this point
same with me Nylock! It was too vauge for me...I became way too confused. Than once I decieded to click the article section here and I found both You and Alangs tutorials...and WALA! I could never go to another site after I went here...I love it!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me ...
:doh: And thaks to everyone who will help me... :doh:

Old 22nd April 2006
  Contributor

obenix has a spectacular aura aboutobenix has a spectacular aura aboutobenix has a spectacular aura about
My story:

Alang put a gun to my head and forced to register.
I'm glad he did that. :p

Old 22nd April 2006
  13-year-old member

osxdude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to osxdude Send a message via Yahoo to osxdude
I searched Google for "Turn your PC into a Mac" and found and engadget article on it. It was the same exact article in the Engadget link. Some dead links there were from osx-e. I used the other links () until I finally clicked "Go to osx-e.com's home page" and right there.

I downloaded lots of thing from here, until I saw the forums. I just used it for reading, but in December I decided to join. Now here I am.

Last edited by osxdude; 22nd April 2006 at 05:00 PM.