mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 19th April 2006
  Kitty Kat

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
How did you find osx-e.com?
Here everyone can post their stories about how they found out about this site. Be it a short story, or a long speech, go ahead and tell us!

How I found it:

Google RULZ! I'm actually a long-time lurker here, even though I registered in January 2006. And yeah, I found this site on Google while looking for a certain application, and thought it might be an interesting place to visit. So then, after a loooong time I started posting (my first post was actually my picture), and now, as you can see, I'm a Moderator here, and I love it.

That's all from me.

EDIT: First been here about..hmm..may-june-july 2005. Can't remember exactly, sorry

Last edited by Zartheit; 20th April 2006 at 03:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 19th April 2006
  ----

iCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to iCow Send a message via MSN to iCow
Re: How did you find osx-e.com?
I found this site while I was surfing around the net, wondering whether there was such a thing as mac on windows. First, I found aqua-soft. (hated it) Then I found osx-e. I was first attracted to it because it was so easy to find the downloads I needed. Also, the threads got exactly to the point, and they were cleanly managed, not overwhelming.

And that, my friends, is my story.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 19th April 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
I've found it in aqua-soft, in Alang's signature. I saw several rude moderators and tons of banned members and it was very hard to find some apps, so I came here to lurk for one month before registering lol.

This site is the 40% of my internet uptime (wich is a lot) and i love it. Thanks god for making alang a little smart to do a poor signature with "osx-e.com" text on it. LOL

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria

Old 19th April 2006
  OSX Puma

blaze is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw the osx article.. and therusto told me about it...

Old 20th April 2006
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
I typed "How to change Windows to Mac" in Google and this came up. At first I didn't like this site (Yes, I said it), but then when more members came and more applications were submitted, I joined the forum.

That was in November 2004.

Last edited by nylock10; 20th April 2006 at 01:09 PM.

Old 20th April 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
if possible, I would like to know when your first visit to osx-e too, so I will know on which version of osx-e you had first saw. Could everyone please edit your post and tell me when is your first visit. This is important to me so I really appreciate it

Old 20th April 2006
  OSX

CoMACry is an unknown quantity at this point
I first found osx-e.com about two weeks ago. I was really bored of my computers windows look, so I went on some sites I found using google and they kept dircting me here. Finally I clicked on the articles section and found how useful this site actually was! Since then I have reffered to this site for anything I want to do in term of changing my computer. You guys are great!

Oh ya! I had actually viewed the aquasoft forums a few times...but I found that that site wasnt as useful, and also the members here are much more helpful and WAY nicer.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me ...
:doh: And thaks to everyone who will help me... :doh:

Old 20th April 2006
  Johannes Brahms

Alexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the rough
First I've found this site when I was looking for Microsoft Office 2004 icons set. First I entered MSN, typed in the searh bar what I needed and it came up with the whole and long list of links. I startad to visit each of them and finally went to osx-e.com. I noticed this site was clearly organized and started to visit it for many times, after one month, if I am not mistaken, I decided to register.

Old 20th April 2006

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
I stumbled upon osx-e.com about a year ago while looking for an app to download. I'm not sure what the app was, but I remember the connection was very slow and my computer got some kind of virus/spyware after downloading it (didn't some people hack osx-e's server back then?).

The site looked like Apple.com when I first found it: http://web.archive.org/web/200502160...www.osx-e.com/

And the spyware looked similar to this:

I got the image from an old forum post: http://web.archive.org/web/200502160...?showtopic=388

Old 20th April 2006
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, that's how I remember Osx-e.com as.

I also downloaded something, Y'z Toolbar (or some other Y'z applicaiton). I remember my first post was about how I got viruses from downloading it and saying how there was a "Circus of viruses". Haha, I didn't know much about computers back then.

Good times..

Last edited by nylock10; 20th April 2006 at 01:04 PM.