mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 17th July 2007
  Johannes Brahms

Alexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Restoring iTunes library from backup CD/DVD disc
Hello, all. I have the annoying issue with iTunes. I am using version 7.3. Couple days ago I have done backup of my iTunes library and playlists using this application. The help file in iTunes says that you simply need to open iTunes, insert the backup disc, and iTunes will ask you to import the library from that disk. I did all that properly, I mean I backed up the library and playlists correctly, but when I went through all that steps (File>Back Up to Disc) in order to restore the library and playlists my iTunes simply doesn't ask me that question, and as a result I can't restore my library and playlists. Does anybody know the solution to this particular problem? How to restore the library and playlists? Thanks a lot.

Unread 17th July 2007
  OSX

Junior_8791 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Junior_8791 Send a message via MSN to Junior_8791 Send a message via Yahoo to Junior_8791
Re: Restoring iTunes library from backup CD/DVD disc
Well i had the same problem but i was able to get itunes to ask for the backup cd or dvd as soon as i re-instand it. It should ask you with in minutes of opening the newer version of itunes. You should chack that the CD is not right protected or itunes will not run the Library or your playlist! In general itunes 7.3 has a lot of bugs! I hope that help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 18th July 2007
  Johannes Brahms

Alexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the roughAlexander is a jewel in the rough
OK, I tried to make iTunes to ask the question upon inserting disc. I had clean installation of iTunes on different machine but it still doesn't work. Second thing, how to check if my backup disc is right - protected as you said? Thanks.

Unread 20th July 2007
  OSX

Junior_8791 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Junior_8791 Send a message via MSN to Junior_8791 Send a message via Yahoo to Junior_8791
Well to start off what kinda of dsik do you have your playlist and library on? I was looking around other forums and talking to friends and they told me the samething as i thought! But i was thinkinh last night i i completely forgot about the import and export section. Go under file and try to import the library or the playlist from there. If not then you might be downloading a corrupt version of iTunes! Well if that doesn;t work i think you should try to find itunes 7.0 just so you can run your music again and wait until 7.4 coes out! That should help, if it doesn't then i'm all out of ideas!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 21st July 2007
  Johannes Brahms

I made the backup by using Memorex DVD+R 4.7 GB disc. I also tried to install iTunes 7.1.1.5 but it still behaves the way 7.3 does. Going under file menu does not wark because as I was looking what's on the DVD it only has the music files itself and nothing more. I was wondering where is the library files which tell iTunes in what way and order my library and playlists were configured and installed. So nothing you've recommended to me worked out. I will still looking around for possible solutions. Thanks. Maybe someone else will give another idea.