mac emulation resources

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 31st August 2005
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up
Hello.

As you know, in every MDI-based apps there is a window background filling the entire screen, on this window background (gray color) is where you see your opened files in small windows, you can see the toolwindows, etc...

Look at the screenshots that I have manipulated: The first two screenshots shows the horrible gray color in the window background, but the others shows what I want.

Is there any application that turn off the horrible gray color in the window background?

This would be cool, like a mac... In a mac you can see your desktop wallpaper and your icons everytime, in almost every app. In windows you see only a gray color.

Can any app make transparent the window background color?
Maybe someone here with enough time an a bit programming could make an app to do this!

Sorry for my english.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal.jpg (113.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg vsnormal.jpg (107.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg transparent.jpg (116.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg vstransparent.jpg (129.2 KB, 53 views)

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 31st August 2005
  OSX

Ali C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Huh. I thought I was the only one dealing with gross gray screens. You know, like when you do something a little stressful on the comp it sometimes flashes the evil gray screen instead of being nice.
Actually, as for that one, I've discovered it doesn't do that if the Explorer shell is dead. Interesting.
Oh wait, you mean window backgrounds.:p
Well, one option *MIGHT* work if you have WindowBlinds. I'm thinking maybe change the MDI background window setting to a transparent image in the config?
I'll give it a try and let y'all know.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 31st August 2005
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
I've tried that, but it doesn't work...

Old 1st September 2005
  OSX

Yeah, I just tried and got the same sad result-it just goes blindingly white! ops:
Well, you wouldn't be able to see anything you have plopped onto your desktop, but if you convert your wallpaper to a Bitmap image and select it as thw MDI window background in WindowBlinds, that would work to some extent, and it'd be way prettier than that gray garbage. I see it enough when I close something. It's nasty. :Grimmace:
I just have my MDI set to that striped background stuff for now. If the thing supported PNGs too, I believe it would work if you simply used a transparent PNG. But sadly, all it supports now is bitmaps.
STARDOCK! Put some friggin PNG support in so we can have our Mac!

Old 1st September 2005
  The horn of Gondor

:Grin: Yeah! Stupid WB! The problem that I've noticed is that WindowBlinds "overlay" the bitmaps over the windows. WindowBlinds draws layered bitmaps over the existing controls in the MDI, and window forms. Only the scrolls, the buttons, the tabs, and some other are drawed from scratch.

I think that the PNG with transparency wouldn't help 'coz under that "layer" is waiting that horrible gray.

I think I should change my nickname to "HorribleGray" LOL

Old 2nd September 2005
  OSX

No, it doesn't overlay, it intercepts the drawing processes coming in and replaces the classic blah stuff with its own bitmaps and codes and the like. That's why I think that it is possible for the guys at Stardock to find a way to tie the two buttons on the bars together so we can all live in Mac bliss. But it doesn't have to be Mac bliss either. WHatever kind of bliss they want to call it. And that water ripple under the bar thing too.
I keep trying to change the nasty background color but whenever I do it's not after that that Explorer crashes and it forgets I changed the color! :Grimmace:
How did you get it like that in those last two screenies though? Photoshopped em?
WAIT A MINUTE! I found a rather weakness in Photoshop the other day with that. When you roll it up with Windowblinds or whatever roll up app, everything you have open stays but the back window vanishes! You may not have the fancy borders around the window but who cares. It's better than the gray crap.

Old 3rd September 2005
  The horn of Gondor

Yeah... Those screens are "Photoshoped" and I've saw that vanishing window glitch in Photoshop. You're right, that's better than the gray color. Maybe a future release of WB allow us to solve this "problem".

I don't know why M$ keeps that gray color in the workspace, it's better in MacOS.