1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 26th May 2005
  Gman, the Cuban!

gsbd41316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to gsbd41316 Send a message via Yahoo to gsbd41316
PantherXP Cancelled
If you know what is PantherXP, then I am pretty sure you were one of the people who were waiting for its completition, as I was. I had a chance to talk to the owner and main programmer of the PantherXP project, and he gave me very bad news. Here is a log of our conversation (bold font is Dr. Fire):

hey, how are you?
quite nice. you?
I am fine too, any news of Pantherxp? I have not heard anything about it for a long time. Are you or someone else still working on it?
not many seem to be interested anymore
I am
so no, development has stopped
ohh, man, that makes me very sad, I liked the project so much. Do you happen to have the lastest source code?
nope
that's sad too, I would like to take a look into it and see if it can be enhanced a little bit more now that I have more knowledge of vb, that was an awesome project and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who was waiting for it
ive engaged in other projects by myself

As you can see, its development has stopped :confused:. So, PantherXP is not coming out. I tried to get the source code and see if I can try to finish it with the help of some of the programmer from here, but seems he did not wanted to give to anyone else, because it is strange that being the main programmer he does not have them. The good news is that he is working on some other projects and here is one of them:

VigilantNews
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 26th May 2005
  Banned

nylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of lightnylock10 is a glorious beacon of light
that sux, i really wanted to get it in the full completed version.... : (
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 1st June 2005
  Gman, the Cuban!

gsbd41316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to gsbd41316 Send a message via Yahoo to gsbd41316
As I said to Alang early this morning, I have news about PantherXP. For my big surprise, I had a chat with its main developer, Dr. Fire, and he told me he decided to continue working on it. He send me a small exe file, where I saw something new that was not on the previous beta he released, something called translucent selection. That is a sign that PantherXP is really in development. As you all know, Dr. Fire is not a member of our community, but a member of the Aqua-soft community. I invited him here, so let's see if he will sign up.

The real problem with PantherXP is that it needs more programmers, specially VB6 programmers.Up to now he is the only programmer, and he need lot of help to do all the coding. I know there are lot of programmers among us, and I want to ask for extra help to aid Dr. Fire finish PantherXP. If you can help, please contact him ASAP. Here is the link to the redesigned PantherXP website hosted by our osx-e server. He is also a link with two new messages posted by Dr. Fire on the 31st of May. You can contact him througt that last link as well.

Unread 2nd June 2005
  Wilhelm

Zillah will become famous soon enoughZillah will become famous soon enough
Please remember, you can always go to aqua-soft.org to read-or-ask about whatever progress or state this application/project is currenty in. It is not Taboo in the slightest to do so. It's a forum loaded with info if one only spends time to search for it.