mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 19th August 2006
  OSX

rexisrex will become famous soon enoughrexisrex will become famous soon enough
Post Mac Software Clones for Windows
DEAR ALL,

List of OSX Software Clones for Windows XP .This would be a interestng thread if people add in the best clone available for Window

Explore Mac OS X

Aqua User InterfaceCompatibility
  • Family ----------------------------------- User Accounts
  • International ----------------------------- Regional Options (Mod by Fly)
  • Mobility ---------------------------------- Wireless Network/Modem/Ethernet
  • Networking ------------------------------- Network neighbourhood
  • Security ---------------------------------- Windows Security Center/Antivirus
  • Setup ------------------------------------ Windows File Transfer Wizard/Setup Wizard
  • Universal Access -------------------------- Windows Accessibility
Internet and OrganizationGraphics and MediaAdvanced TechnologyCHEERS,
REX.

Last edited by rexisrex; 22nd August 2006 at 08:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 19th August 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
Re: Mac Software Clones for Windows
comprehensive list, thread stuck

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 19th August 2006

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
Thanks for the chart. It lays out comparisons nicely. You can also see a similar chart at http://www.xvsxp.com/finalscore/index.php
Well, first of all, FileVault and Windows Firewall have two completely different purposes. Mac OS X has a built in firewall btw.
As for AppleScript, Windows has some scripting technologies, collectively referred to as Windows Script Host.
OpenGL does work on Windows.
Windows does ship with speech technology similar to VoiceOver, it's called Narrator (Start -> Run -> "narrator").
If you want a complete UNIX-like environment on Windows (commands, compilers, daemons, X, etc), use Cygwin.
Boinc is similar to Xgrid.
Nvu is a free substitute web page editor.
Of course, Media Player Classic can decode H.264 as well.

Last edited by wala; 19th August 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Unread 19th August 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for this great software list buddy.

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria

Unread 19th August 2006
  OSX

@ Wala,

Thanks a lot for pointing those Wala. Iam sure a lot of senior members like you can throw a lot of light into the subject. But what do you think about ilife? iam sure no one can beat mac @ that! 6 pro soft for such a cheap price. i think the windows versions(3rd party paid apps-photoshop for eg) of ilife are too expensive. XP lacks default professional editors. built in moviemaker is not an app in my definition defmicrosoft must look into this for sure.

Cheers,
Rex

Last edited by rexisrex; 19th August 2006 at 12:33 PM.

Unread 19th August 2006
  TheGodfather

alang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to allalang is a name known to all
would be more helpful if we could link to the osx clones applications. Most of them are on downloads section, but it could be I'd missed some of them. After we done with this, I'll put on article section as reference.

Unread 19th August 2006
  OSX

@ Alang - I have edited my thread and added links to all Windows part of the chart. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rex

Unread 19th August 2006

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
Round 2:
As for web sharing, the IE Web Publisher isn't exactly a web server, but the "Web Sharing" feature refers to the fact that OS X comes preinstalled with Apache. You can get a free Windows version of Apache, and some versions of Windows (not XP Home) come preinstalled with the Microsoft IIS web server as well.
And as I said, Media Player Classic is an excellent free media player with H.264 support.

Unread 19th August 2006
  OSX

thanks Wala,

You are a star. I'll update this info as well.

Cheers,
Rex.

Unread 20th August 2006
  OSX

Hi All,

I have added more info to the original thread. As Alang suggested I have linked all the clones available for Windows XP to the maximum extent possible. Where there is a interesting article relating to the clone I have included those links as well. I am sure you guys will find this useful.

Cheers,
Rex.