mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 21st April 2007
  For great justice!

ojalord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ojalord
How to best get Safari...
I wanted to share how I got my Opera web Browser to look like Safari since most guides I've seen are mainly for Firefox. So here it is:

1. Get the Opera browser. It's fast, secure, and beats crap out of Internet Explorer and to some extent Firefox. Here: www.opera.com/

2. Get these excellent safari skins for it (they have oneclick setups):

Expedition:
http://my.opera.com/community/custom.../info/?id=3891

iOpera Safari Look (also get the toolbar setup from here):
http://www.demuths.de/iopera/data/00000006.htm
3. Install Windowblinds and get the Tiger Safari skin by Toyo Moyo.

4. Apply the skin on a per-application basis for Opera.exe.

5.Get the Toggle Menu and Dropdown Menu buttons from here and drag them on to the standard toolbar in order to replace the ungainly menu bar with a nice compact button.
http://operawiki.info/CustomButtons#menu

6. Type "opera:config" in the URL bar. In the window, go to the "User Prefs" section (somewhere at the bottom) and in it find a value named "Title". In the text field, type "Safari" and click on save settings.

7. Arrange the toolbars of Opera as you want them to be (the toolbar setup is a must for this).

That's it! You've now got a Safari skinned Opera in less than seven steps. A miracle!! (though still not a perfect one ). Here's a screen of it on my computer...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opari.jpg (72.1 KB, 66 views)

Old 21st April 2007
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Re: How to best get Safari...
Thanks for the tips

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 21st April 2007
  OSX

DMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the rough
I'd do that with my Opera theme but I'd need to find the white Tiger theme. i should of made my own tutorial for this, several months ago I had my Opera looking exactly like Safari, which made me happy since I hate Firefox and all its bugs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 21st April 2007
  For great justice!

@Khalua, Thanks for the comment.
@DMXell, I also hate Firefox's little glitches. Otherwise it's a good browser and open source to boot. But till it gets everything that Opera has, I will use Opera.

This is my first ever post of this type so I might have missed something. Feel free to add suggestions and more tips to make it a full-blown Opera-->Safari thread. That would be useful for new users, as it would have been for me, some months ago

Old 21st April 2007
  OSX

DMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the roughDMXell is a jewel in the rough
Well, aside from the 188 security flaws that, unless Mozilla completely reprograms the extensions and thus making all current ones not usable to fix these flaws, it needs integrated email, needs to load faster, needs to be a faster browser in general, needs to look better and it needs to load pages better. That's quite a load that I doubt Mozilla will fix anytime soon.

Old 21st April 2007
  For great justice!

lol, right!

Old 17th November 2007
  For great justice!

Here's another very usable Safari Unified skin that I came across during my sleepy wanderings on the internet. This would go very well for a leopard look,

http://my.opera.com/community/custom.../info/?id=5262