mac emulation resources

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 16th March 2006
  OSX

phxchristian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to phxchristian Send a message via MSN to phxchristian Send a message via Yahoo to phxchristian
The Complete Objectbar Bible
Customizing Objectbar to Suite Your Needs

Find a CRNI theme (http://crni-ob.deviantart.com/) and spend time exploring the default options he used in skinning the bar. I actually added a users menu on the right hand side of my bar and made a menu that listed me and my fiance's user names. Clicking on either name will bring up the user switching window (Welcome screen). You can customize this with icons that you think are aesthetically pleasing.

Please feel free to add your own tips to this thread and hopefully this will become a sticky for those who want to take Objectbar to a more useful method of navigating rather than just a pretty thing that sits at the top of the desktop.

-Chris

Last edited by phxchristian; 17th March 2006 at 10:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 16th March 2006
  ----

iCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really niceiCow is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to iCow Send a message via MSN to iCow
Re: The Complete Objectbar Bible
thanks alot bro; how about a direct link?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 17th March 2006
  Bright Spark

MadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really nice
That is soo lazy iSurfer http://search.deviantart.com/searchc...0&search=CRNI+

Last edited by MadMacs; 17th March 2006 at 01:54 AM.

Old 17th March 2006

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
http://newavecr.deviantart.com/

Is it that?
if not, that guy also has cool objectbar themes, though he is leaving forever soon. Or maybe has already

Last edited by Zartheit; 17th March 2006 at 02:08 AM.

Old 18th March 2006
  Unsolved Enigma

aquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura aboutaquaman99 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to aquaman99
No CRNI's at the link phxchristian gave. NewaveCR made some but most of the ObjectBar skins you see today were made by CRNI, both of whom have 'gone away'. As for ObjectBar, I still stick by my original statement that a taskbar and a dock is more functional; however, if you are going to use a Mac-style theme OBFont (found at CRNI's account) is a necessity

Old 18th March 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
You all lazy people, check out the links section here in osx-e.

As long as we have each other, thats all that matters -Maria

Old 22nd March 2006
  OSX

Send a message via AIM to phxchristian Send a message via MSN to phxchristian Send a message via Yahoo to phxchristian
For those beginners who want to customize their menus, just click on the menu you want to select an option from and then right click on the option and change the properties to suit your liking. CRNI used different programs than I do for docks and "About This Mac," so I edited them to suit me and to work with my programs.

Old 25th March 2006
  Bright Spark

MadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really nice
i've just figured out a problem that some people have with objectbar and photoshop. Aslong as you don't click on objectbar whilst photoshop is open you will still be able to use the tools in photoshop.
(I know this havs nothing to so with the thread)

Last edited by MadMacs; 25th March 2006 at 09:37 AM.

Old 31st March 2006
  OSX

I never had a problem with Photoshop, I just put its name in the exceptions list of programs not to hide menubars from.

I just modified my File --> Open With menu to show this:

Last edited by phxchristian; 31st March 2006 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Image width?

Old 3rd April 2006
  OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxchristian
Customizing Objectbar to Suite Your Needs

Find a CRNI theme (http://crni-ob.deviantart.com/) and spend time exploring the default options he used in skinning the bar. I actually added a users menu on the right hand side of my bar and made a menu that listed me and my fiance's user names. Clicking on either name will bring up the user switching window (Welcome screen). You can customize this with icons that you think are aesthetically pleasing.

Please feel free to add your own tips to this thread and hopefully this will become a sticky for those who want to take Objectbar to a more useful method of navigating rather than just a pretty thing that sits at the top of the desktop.

-Chris
For some reason I am unable to edit my first post. I wanted to include an image example for everyone. Here is the image of my mod:

New Mod!!!!

I have now configured CRNI's Objectbar to work with Setres.exe

Now if you click on the monitor profile icon which is indicated in my picture below, you can now change the resolution utilizing Setres's command interface. For example, for the Change Display Settings... dialogue, just click on the monitor icon, then right click on the monitor popup menu of CRNI's theme, choose Properties, then Change his text to suite your settings, (In my case, I used desk.cpl as the shortcut of Change Display Settings...) You can use any screen settings program you wish, in this example. His default was set to 1280x1024, but I chose my default to be 1280x960 which is better suited to my CRT display than 1280x1024 which is better suited to a widescreen LCD. Right click on each of his settings and adjust them to use a shortcut (link to CProgram Files\Setres\Setres.exe h1024 v768 b32 f70) for 1024x768 with 32 bit color and 70Mhz Frequency.

Here are my settings:
Change Display Settings... --> desk.cpl (Control Panel/Display Properties)
Small 1024 x 768 --> CProgram Files\Setres\Setres.exe h1024 v768 b32 f70
Default 1280 x 960 --> C
Program Files\Setres\Setres.exe h1280 v960 b32 f70
Wide 1280 x 1024 --> CProgram Files\Setres\Setres.exe h1280 v1024 b32 f60

And there you go...

Other settings you may want to do to make it look more like Mac OS X Tiger, would be removing (hiding) the System Tray, removing (hiding) the F10 CRNI Theme Changer, and removing (hiding) the Foobar player controls.

Last edited by phxchristian; 4th April 2006 at 10:25 AM.