mac emulation resources
{{osxe}}

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Unread 10th July 2006
  Banned

E-Maculation will become famous soon enoughE-Maculation will become famous soon enough
Exclamation laptop + display
how easy is it to hook up a display , external keyboard , external mouse and printer to a powerbook? (g4 titanium)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 10th July 2006
  OSX

PeaDot is on a distinguished road
Re: laptop + display
You speak of a Mac? Please define easy... plugging somthing into something is easy to me, but might be a problem for others...

Just kidding, no Rhiannnon, it is as easy as that. Maybe you havef to install a printer driver for the printer. Display's got to have ADC or DVI connector, mouse and keys got to be USB and printer also.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Unread 11th July 2006
  Banned

E-Maculation will become famous soon enoughE-Maculation will become famous soon enough
are apple diplays usb??????? i wann buy one so i dont have them yet

Unread 11th July 2006
  Bright Spark

MadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really niceMadMacs is just really nice
Nope they are not usb!, take a look here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...&nclm=B30BC981

Unread 11th July 2006
  The horn of Gondor

Khalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to beholdKhalua is a splendid one to behold
Well, you can adapt ANY display capable of a DVI-II interface, a two-way DVI connector. But you can get the DVI-II to DVI-I connector, and even the DVI-II to the VGA standard connector.

With that VGA adaptor you can connect any VGA display in that G4. The USB keyb/mouse works fine, but the USB 1.1 extensions sent trough the main USB ports to the apple keyboards wont work properly with those "clone" keybs around ebay.

I recommend you to get the original keyb/mouse and look out for the DVI-ii/DVI-i/VGA adapter.

btw... Some G4 machines doesnt have the DVI-II connector, maybe I'm wrong but I think the latest PowerBook G4 and the latest G5 Macs appeared with that connector. Check your manual for more info.

Hope this have helped a little.

Unread 12th July 2006
  Banned

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=M9177LL%2FA

is that a good monitor? any opionion alternatives? i really dopn't care about the apple on it but more about the name i can trust

Unread 13th July 2006
  Kitty Kat

Zartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to allZartheit is a name known to all
oh you bet that's a good monitor! I'd like to get one of those lol

Unread 18th July 2006

wala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nicewala is just really nice
It sure is a good monitor, but it seems to be overpriced (as is most Apple hardware). If I ever needed help with monitors, I'd go to the 1337 community at http://www.eocf.com/ and check out monitor section there.

If you're a penny pincher then http://www.newegg.com won't rip you off (or so I hear...).

Unread 23rd July 2006
  Velociraptor!

The Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the roughThe Finn is a jewel in the rough
Also try www.zipzoomfly.com they have a good selection and aren't priced horribly high like Apple. I wouldn't spend 800 dollars on that display. It's not worth it. And it's not Plasma, it's just LCD. It is nice and if you want to spend that much go ahead but there are better monitors out there for less money. Samsung makes good products and I don't think they cost that much.

Note: If you are a student at a listed University for Apple you might be able to get a hundred bucks or so knocked off that price.

Last edited by The Finn; 23rd July 2006 at 12:52 AM.

Unread 26th July 2006
  OSX

emuX is an unknown quantity at this point
appzapper? or what?
hey i need help i just my ne iMac and IM LOVING IT! :doh: but i dont like the fact that when I install an app i have to go diging for the app to delete it completly.

so is appzapper a good unistaller app.

if not tell me what to use. so far im liking appzapper